What to do if you have been in an accident!
- Stop your vehicle right away.
- Take a photo or jot down the license plate number of the other vehicle.
- If anyone is hurt or you feel any pain, do not hesitate to call 911.
- Make sure to show your driver’s license and insurance to the other driver and to any police officer on the scene.
- Report the incident to the DMV right away.
- Write down a full, detailed description of the accident right away. Doing this will keep the accident details clear in your mind. Most insurance agencies now have mobile apps that will help to log vehicle accident.
- Notify your insurance company, even if it is a minor accident. Settling the claim yourself is dangerous as you never know what can fall back on you later.
- Make sure you review the “appraisal clause” in your insurance policy. With some cases, depending on the extent of damage and coverage you have, the insurance company and the body shop might not fully agree on what the repairs should cost. We would notify you right away if this were to occur as that would mean you would pay out of pocket for the difference, but we work diligently with the insurance to avoid this as best as possible.
Do not let your car go unrepaired as this can cost you in the long run. The value of you car will go down if you leave dents as they will rust overtime. We are here to help, so give us a call or stop on by and we can fix any issues for you!